A Foundation for Islamic Research and Education
The lack of suitable approaches to Islamic learning in our day and age has given birth to the institution of Al- Mawrid.
The true message of Islam was based on the Qur’an and the Sunnah, however now it seems to be lost somewhere in the dust of sectarian intolerance and political disputes. The Qur’an is the foundation of Islam, but is rarely approached for learning purposes. Oral delivery has become the sole purpose. The Hadith has been isolated from its foundations in the Qur’an and the Sunnah.
Al-Mawrid symbolizes the efforts to resolve these problems.
Our objectives are:
- Facilitation and perpetuation of explanatory and research work on the true understanding of Islam
- The publication and mass communication of this understanding through all possible means
- Education of people and enhancement of their knowledge
We take the following approaches to achieve these objectives:
- Well accomplished researchers and scholars with a sound understanding of religion be attached to Al-Mawrid where they do research or academic work either on the basis of assignments given by the institution or on the basis of their own proposals.
- True understanding of Islam be spread throughout the world through the latest means of mass communication.
- Attract masses to be affiliated with the mission of the Qur'anic education and its approaches towards the purification of thoughts and deeds.
- People be motivated to set up, wherever possible:
* Institutions of Islamic learning to produce religious scholars and researchers with a true vision and understanding of Islam.
* Schools, up to the intermediate or A levels, to provide students with high quality education and training in an environment where their creativity is encouraged and due attention is given to developing a sound awareness of their religious and cultural heritage.
* Weekend schools to provide students from other schools with instruction in the Qur’an through the Qur’an itself in such manner as enables them to remain committed to their religion from the depth of heart, mind and soul in their later years.
* Religious and spiritual sanctuaries where people can find a break from their worldly and mundane routines to benefit from the company of scholars and pious people, learn religion from them, and focus on worship and prayer to purge their hearts and minds.
Al-Mawrid is a non-profit enterprise registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
Al-Mawrid Canada is a prominent branch of Al-Mawrid Global which is committed to fulfill the mission in this region of the world. The institution is registered as a non-profit corporation in Canada, and accepts contributions from all those who agree with its objectives. Donations qualify for tax exemptions.